Tuesday, August 7, 2012

One Day


One Day

I want to journey, travel and speak of worldly tales
I want to feel a breeze on my face that I’ve never felt before
I want to see the stars in a different part of the sky
I want to look at the moon from a different land
I want to feel different, as if I am from outer space
where people look up and ask, “Where are you from?”.

I want to breathe fresh air, from the other side of the world
I want to fly away, alone, not knowing what’s to come
I want to feel uncertainty rushing through my veins
I want to smile at someone unknown and ask them to coffee
I want to dance in the fields, ski in the mountains
and yell so loud it echoes through the canyons and beyond.

I want to ride a camel through the desert, parched and hungry
I want to listen to the music of the world and feel it in my soul
I want to feel cultured, alive and quench my insatiable appetite
I want to mediate on the beach and get woken by waves at my feet
I want to swim beneath the sea and try to breath like a mermaid
at least if I can’t, I know I tried.

I want to see all the colours of the world and know I loved them all
I want to feel, cry and scream at life’s trials and tribulations
I want to see the truth and beauty of the world and its people
I want to listen to the yawn of a baby and hear the purity echo forever
I want to find myself in the world
And one day…
I want to fall in love and be loved in return.

© Meisha Lowe 7th August 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meisha's Updates

"Take life in steps; each one is a journey to learn from." ~ Meisha