Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Opportunity

Beth - Two Sides

With the lead up to pilot season and with the recent triumphs of the Oscars - I am getting very excited for the opportunities to come. This year I feel something big awaits -

I've started off the year with a bang - completing two short films, one written by my lovely and talented friend Lillie Claire, who has just moved to LA to continue pursuing the acting dream. Good luck miss and I will see you down there in the next two years!

The film is called Missing Persons and is directed by Aaron Wintringham. It follows the interaction between the two characters, Jane and Taylor, and the strange happenings that take place inside a grungy laundrymatte. The character of Jane was a new challenge and but I really enjoyed getting to work with Lillie and create a deep connection between the two girls. It will be edited over the coming months and will in turn be submitted into film festivals across Canada.

Jane - Missing Persons

The second film, Two Sides, was by far a more a technical shoot- but none the less enjoyable for different reasons. Directed by Ryan Atimoyoo, for his UBC Master's project, I got to play the lead character Beth who is another dark and troubled character. We worked with green screen and I will be very interested to see the final edit with SFX!

Beth in Two Sides - Green Screen

Watching Jennifer Lawrence take out the Oscar for Best Actress on Sunday was of course inspiring. To see her at age 22 (the same age as me!) getting her first Academy Award was definitely wake up call- time to step up and start hitting it hard.


Congrats to Jennifer Lawrence!

I plan to do more short films and would like to book roles in indi-features over the coming months. And if I play my cards right I want to book something big in the US market as soon as I can!

Here's to the year to come!

Meisha xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Meisha's Updates

"Take life in steps; each one is a journey to learn from." ~ Meisha