Monday, April 29, 2013

The Lock

There is a wall around my heart.
Little men have been building bricks around it
The wall gets higher and higher
Taller and taller
When will it stop?
I don't know.

There is a sadness in my heart.
A little girl sits alone
Waiting for her Dad to rescue her
To scoop her up and hush her cries
When will he arrive?
I don't know.

There is an anger in my heart.
A stomping child screams out loud
Furious she isn't taken seriously
Smashing everything in sight
When will she grow up?
I don't know.

There is a fire in my heart.
A little woman dreams of passion
Love and lust; desire
But her eyes are shut and she doesn't see
When will she realise?
I don't know.

There is a cage in my heart.
A little bird sings for her mate
Pecking at the cage, the walls, the bricks
Hoping one day they will tumble
When will they break?
I don't know.

There is a lock in my heart.
A little Love dreams of another love
But the lock is tight
And the key is lost
When did I throw it away?
I don't remember.

(C) 2013 Meisha Lowe





No comments:

Post a Comment

Meisha's Updates

"Take life in steps; each one is a journey to learn from." ~ Meisha