Friday, July 26, 2013

Transformation


Meisha and the Mermaid  -  Wreck Beach 2013

The girl and the sea
the wind and the sky
waves of blonde hair
blowing in the wind

She sits and waits
for something to change
but the wind still cries
the same cries it cried before

She screams
throwing her head so high
"What do you want from me?"
"Who am I supposed to be?"

The clouds roll in
lighting strikes
and the sky begins to cry
falling heavy

She plants her feet 
deep into the sand
"I don't care anymore,
  I can only be me."

She raises her arms
like wings in a stormy night
"It's time to let go."
and she jumps into the sea

In the distance 
she looks back towards land
then the splash of a tail
and she is gone.

(C) Meisha Lowe 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meisha's Updates

"Take life in steps; each one is a journey to learn from." ~ Meisha